Monday, February 2, 2009

This last week although was not super busy, but still found that my nights were too short. My days of course were filled with energetic children bouncing off the walls. Our latest news is... Ashton is officially walking now. He can walk from one end of the house to the other, and he even drags his blanket over his shoulder. It is pretty dang cute. Payton and Jaxon are so proud of him and always praise him for his good work on being a big boy. He is full of personality and he cracks us up. He really seems to enjoy watching Barney lately. That is what will catch his attention more than anything. He loves sitting on the couch with Payton and Jaxon watching TV with them like a big boy. He is so proud of himself. Now, the getting down part is another story. He scoots himself as close as he can to the edge and then jumps off hoping to land on his hands and knees but almost every time seems to land on his face. But.... he picks himself back up and walks on. He is into EVERYTHING. His newest place is our pantry closet. Pulling out canned goods and glass bottles is his specialty these days. Sweet little Payton is on patrol with me most days, and now Jaxon has joined in too. He stood in front of the door like a big security guard today saying "Ashty Russo, NO, NO, go way." Jaxon is still on his Buzz Light Year kick, but has to wear his batman cape every time he watches it. So, he now changes from Spiderman, Buzz, to Batman. We never know which one he is going to be from one minute to the next but know that when the cape comes on, we all need to steer clear. DANGER AWAITS US ALL!!!! Jaxon has mellowed out quite a bit over the last few months and we are now able to sit through sacrament. It is wonderful, now nursery is another story. Two Sundays ago as we were on our way to church Austin and I came up with a game plan for Jaxon and nursery. He is almost 3 and he is still not going to nursery. He thinks he can just go and play in the foyer if he cries enough. So this Sunday I took him the second hour to nursery and told him to go into nursery by himself, or sit in between the two glass doors on a time out. To make a long story short.... the entire second hour he sat in between the glass doors on a time out folding his arms, and most of the third hour when Austin came for his turn. It got to the point that he was enjoying his time in there so Austin changed the strategy half way through. Now this last Sunday he was sick so.... we eased up a bit, but next Sunday..... games back on!!! We sure love him regardless of his stubborn personality. Our house is never dull, (or quiet.) Payton is so ready for school. I was considering holding her back another year before I put her into school so she would get a little more time under her belt; but have now realized that is the worst thing I could do. She is just so bored.... needing something more than Mom, and the everyday activities that I have to offer her. She talks about going to school all the time. She knows now that the school across the road from us is the school that she will be going to, she refers to it as her school. If I can get her into the Doctor and get her caught up on her immunizations... I think I will try and start her in Head Start too. We'll see where I get with that though. Here are some things we did this week: made valentines
played karate
actually it was used as a blindfold for....
pin the stem on the flower :)
Payton came to me and said "MOM, I have a great idea. We can play pin the ears on the bunny. Like Max and Ruby." Now to any mothers out there they will now what she is talking about. Probably one of the most boring children's shows, but my kids love it. She saw Max and Ruby playing a game on their and she remembered it and told me exactly what to do. When I forgot to spin her around she made sure I was corrected.
The kids ate popsicles while I was freezing my tail off, decked out in my sweatshirt and uggs.
Ashton conquered his domain
The kids took a horsey ride on Dad
We made a huge fort through their whole room
Payton designated all the rooms. We had a living room, bedroom and kitchen.
We were all in the kitchen playing blocks
And of course, they played superheroes and jumped of the bed with their capes
Batman and Batman (yes, and behind on the door... that is Jaxon's work of art) So another week is coming and Austin of course will be studying. I wish I could tell more about him, but... that is how the story goes for him these days. He is studying a lot for his boards that are coming up in June. He will be taking them in Chattanooga. Now these days I am spending my time planning for a big weekend. A family friend of ours, Barbara Barrington Jones will be visiting Knoxville, TN. to do her Youth Fireside, Women's Conference and Adult Fireside. So I am heavily involved planning, preparing and getting everything set for her visit. It is a little stressful, a little nerve racking and I am extremely overwhelmed with the responsibility the weighs on my shoulders. This is a Bi-Stake activity so it is going to be pretty big. I hope we can pull it off.

2 comments:

Krismisstree said...

I love the kids' bunkbeds, by the way. They're very classy looking and look like they came from a magazine! Ryan also loves Max & Ruby. He gets so excited about that show... I just don't get it.

Anonymous said...

See you make me look like such a slacker mom. You guys have been so busy...my kids don't know what they are missing. Ellie would love to have a fort in her room!