Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Feels Like Home!

Today for the first time school was canceled for Austin. Not that it was any different at our house but still, it still meant something a little different for our weather over here. Apparently it has been absolutely years since it has snowed this much over here. Which is kind of funny because it is like something that the Rockies would get on a good day. However, I have to say.... it is a little different over here with the moisture. We had our first "Southern" black ice experience a few weeks ago. Took us by surprise! So.... that caption is... Feels Like Home, but as I am thinking about it... feels like Utah, home for Austin. But like I was just told by my Father... I was adopted I don't belong to any family... and don't belong to any particular town. I call no place home!!! :)
So now today what did we do with all this fabulous snow!!! We played outside, now considering that the kids are still little it didn't last very long. But it got them out of the house. The poor things have been cooped up inside for so long. That is what has been difficult about the weather over here... it doesn't ever snow so if they were to go outside and play it would result in a muddy mess. So now that there is snow.... this was good. They had fun, but with no sled. Too bad. We have a perfect sledding hill in our backyard.
So Austin took a little break and was outside with the kids for a bit, while I was inside holding Ashton ALL DAY LONG. My back is killing me. The two boys have been sick since Sunday, and poor little Ash is having a bit of a struggle getting over it.
Payton once again learned something from "Max and Ruby." She learned how to make a snow angel. So first thing that she did when she got outside was lay down and make a snow angel.
And Jaxon of course.... rolled down the hill.
As I handed Austin the camera to take pictures of the kids.... I specifically said "try and keep the garbage bag out of the pictures." And low and behold.... he takes a picture of it. Now I don't have to post this picture but.... I really should. Here is the story....
Where we live... they don't have garbage pick up. We have to collect our own trash and hall it down to the dump, which is located at the end of our road. During the warmer weather I usually pile it into the wagon but... with three kids out in this weather having to hold 1 and sometimes 2... just isn't going to work. So Austin has been great about taking the trash on his way to school. But... there have been a few times where I look out the window and the trash is hanging in our carport. My visiting teachers came over a few weeks ago and I opened my door and was mortified to see the trash hanging there.... one of them turned to me and said "Aaahhhh don't worry about it, now you look like you fit in." Now why it hangs in the carport instead of sitting in a garbage, or on the ground is because there are hundreds of stray dogs over here that get into everything. They drag the garbage all over our yard, up and down the road and make the biggest mess. So I have resorted to decorating our carport with trash bags. OH well!!!

2 comments:

The Holler Hinckleys said...

We are sooooooooooo jealous!!! We never get enough snow to sled, anymore... until we move away. They have been sledding for 3 or 4 days in The Holler, while I'm out here in the cold rain... and last night, we realized that our heat has quit working!!! I sure wish we were back in The Great Cumberland Gap!

Jenni said...

I LOVE L-O-V-E that you posted a picture of your trash on your blog! You guys are awsome! We just love you to pieces!