Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Meet in the Middle

What a wonderful way to start our week!!!! Monday morning at 4am I arose to get ready, by 6:30am we were all out the door to drop Austin off at school, by 7am we were headed on our way to Cincinnati to meet up with my sister Amie and her three kids Jenny, Camille, and Cameron. Now Cincinnati is about half way between both of us. So leaving at the same time was key in meeting up at the same time. So as I started on my way I was an hour into my journey when finally I talked with Amie and she said "I will be leaving in about 10 minutes." So we weren't in such a rush, we stopped just outside Lexington to eat breakfast. The kids were so good, they ate all their breakfast and were so well behaved. After meeting up with each other in Cincinnati we went into the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. Now.... it was enjoyable but a little much with all the kids and only two adults. But all the same the kids still did pretty good. After lunch we got in the car and tried to find somewhere for the kids to get their wiggles out, which ended up being a little more difficult than we expected. So with Amie's trusty GPS we searched the area for play areas and finally ended up at another mall where there ended up being a play area and an arcade area.
Ashton loved driving this little car, he was all over it.
The kids were playing hide and seek
Jenny first counting...
while Camille and Payton hid.
Cameron and Jaxon just did their own thing
While Ashton was still in the little yellow car.
And in those rare moments where we weren't chasing our kids we got to sit down for a moment.
Jaxon didn't play inside the toys, he climbed on top of them, making the most dangerous situation possible.
He loved this rocket, he has had a fascination with Buzz Light Year recently, so he thought he was hot stuff inside a rocket. He kept saying he was Buzz.
This is in the Arcade area where there was a play area. It was so perfect for the kids there were the play balls everywhere that shot out of cannons and slides and things to climb on.
They each had bags that they would collect all these balls in.
And we had one more very special event.....
Payton got her ears pierced!!! She was so brave! She cried for about 1 minute but soon after responded "Mom, it doesn't hurt anymmore." I think she was more heart broken over the fact that her two cousins Jenny and Camille didn't get their ears pierced too. They actually sat in the corner in the store holding eachother in feedle position ready to cry, all because Payton was getting her ears pierced. But now she is pretty excited about looking like a princess. Her Aunt Amie bought her some earings that she can wear in about six weeks, so she was super happy!!!! After the mall, we got back in the car to drop the Smith troops off at their car. We headed our separate ways and we both ended up getting home around 10:30pm. It was a great day, and I don't know why we have not ever done it before. Thanks for the great day Smiths!!!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

that looked like so much fun! & looks at sweet payton with her earings. Im impressed all the time by her resiliance! taht girl makes me look like a major WHIMP! haha. Glad you had a blast!

Melany said...

Hey Yummy Mummy! What a cool Idea! So how long did you actually travel to meet in between! I wish I could do that with my family! But it takes me like 6 hours to even meet remotely half way! and thats the middle of NO WHERE lol NOw you made me want to go on a Rd trip! Maybe I should wait till I have the baby huh!
Yeh some ppl around here look at me funny, though many ppl do anyway hahah, I wonder if they will stare even more when i have 3 under 4 years old! Talk to the hand people thats all I gotta say! Love ya chicky