Monday, February 23, 2009

BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!!!

Yesterday was my Birthday, however it seemed like the whole weekend was a celebration. The Birthday festivities started Friday afternoon when my friends Jen and Tamsyn set up a little birthday dinner. Thank you to the both of them for always being such wonderful friends. Check out my 12 layer Birthday cake made by Jen.
My sweet husband organized our first date in almost 2 years for Saturday. No, kids.... I didn't really know what to do with myself. My friend Shelby came over at 2:00pm and we did not arrive home until 10:30pm. Wow!!! I owe her big time!! Austin and I enjoyed our time alone shopping and going out to dinner. Thank you Austin for the wonderful Birthday date. I love you!
Yesterday was just planned to attend church, well around 8 we got a call and once again for the second time since Christmas Church was canceled due to the snow. So.... yesterday was spent doing absolutely nothing but hanging out with the kids. We played monster, chutes and ladders, candy land, checkers, legos and watched movies. We later went for a drive and here below in a couple pictures I have captured some of true essence of southern living. A nice relaxing day spent with my little family, no better way to spend my birthday!!! Austin has been extremely sweet all weekend, but I do have to tell this funny story. Yesterday around 2:00pm he came to me and said..."ummm, do you think it would be in bad taste if I asked if I could go and take a nap on your birthday?" We both started laughing, and as I honestly don't care for naps myself, I didn' care that he would take one on MY BIRTHDAY!!! It was just fun giving him a bit of a hard time about it. See in our marriage we have comprimised on this one thing. Austin's day to take a nap is Sunday!!!! So I half expected it anyway!!!

4 comments:

Bjorn to Rok said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you had a good weekend. Love all your pictures. I'm glad to hear Austin was good to you on your b-day. Love you guys!!

The Holler Hinckleys said...

Happy Birthday!!! We were so sad that church was cancelled. We need to hang out!

Melany said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE GIRL !!! So how old are you now! I'm def getting old! I'm Def getting over having kids lol I WANT THIS BABY OUT lol

Ok im done complaining now! Love you long time xoox

Jenni said...

hahaha. great pictures of the area laura. haha. you and austin are too cute! Glad you had fun! thanks for lending us your husband to help with the master bath. we sure would be lost without you guys. see you in a week!