Saturday, February 14, 2009

Great News

After a 3 to 4 day battle recovering from back surgery, my grandma is now doing much better. Obviously it is going to take months and months for her to recover to her top potential, but she is now out of ICU and was able to walk around a little bit yesterday. What a relief for our whole family, and especially my grandpa. That is the power of prayer!!! I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Lord has his hands in ALL things. He cares and watches over each of us, but allows us each the opportunity to test our faith. What a wonderful way for us to learn and to grow with the knowledge that he loves us. I am grateful for so many things in my life, I have been blessed beyond what I deserve, but the greatest blessing in my life is my family, extended and immediate. I love that in moments like this that we can all join together in our faith and know the reason for my grandma's recovery.

3 comments:

Bjorn to Rok said...

I'm so happy to hera your grandma is recovering well. The Lord does bless us, and I know with not a doubt that he has a reason for all things, and the trials He gives us are there for a reason to make us better more faithful people. I love you Larua. I hope all is well with you guys. Wish we could see more of each other. Happy V-Day.

Heather said...

Laura, what an answered prayer....so glad she is on a good road to recovery!

Tamsyn said...

Yeah!!!! That is so good to hear!! I am so happy for everyone in your family!