Monday, February 9, 2009

Busy, Busy Weekend!

Well we had an eventful weekend. Starting off on Friday evening with a little date night for Payton and Mom. I was going to take her to see "Hotel for Dogs" but when we got there they didn't have it playing anymore. She would have been so disappointed if we didn't see a movie so we went and saw "Pink Panther 2." Obviously she didn't get it all the way but just the fact that she got to go to a movie was excitement enough for her. Walking out she said "That was a silly show." After our little movie and quick stop at McDonalds... we headed over to the church for a Couples Fireside. Payton went to play with all the kids in the nursery while I went into the "couples" fireside by myself. Austin had to study, and was gracious enough to stay home with Jaxon and Ashton while we had a little girl time. IT WAS FUN!!! I love having my little girl. I can't wait for more times to come where we can do things like that. Now on the other hand poor little Jaxon sobbed a horridly sob when I left without him. But I think it all turned out by the end of the night for the guys. Saturday we had a fabulous Primary activity for Payton. It is always fun for us to be together with our friends and get to catch up. Payton and Jaxon love being around other kids and playing. After coming home for awhile to let Austin study, we made our way back into town to hit up the bowling alley with our friends from "The Holler." Now... don't get me wrong when I say this because we always love hanging out with our "Holler" folk, but Austin and I had one of those moments where our eyes met and we both instinctively felt... WE ARE OUT OF OUR ELEMENT! While at the bowling alley someone turned on the Juke Box, which was great, but it only took Austin and myself a moment to notice that everyone we were with, as well as everyone in the building was singing to a song I had never heard, nor did I know who sang it. Turns out to be... none other than HANK WILLIAMS!!! BUT... everyone else sure knew and were singing right along. It was great!!!! Nothing like SOUTHERN bowling!!! LOVE IT!
This is a random picture but I thought I would share our knewest appliance. A couple months ago we bought a Panini Press. I absolutely love it!!! So does Austin! We have gotten our moneys worth for sure on this bad boy. I think atealst 2-3 times a week we use this. I think this will be one of those things that I will always have now. If this one breaks... I will just have to buy another one. It is a must have. Now for all of those out there who like hot sandwiches.. this is the way to go. DO IT!!!
These pictures below are of our week. Jaxon has been extremely proud of himself lately with building airplanes with his blocks. (which I can never tell if it looks like an airplane but that is what he tells me it is, so... I am so proud.) He came in and grabbed my hand and said "ma, ma mere mere. I show you. Its airplane!" I asked him if he wanted me to take a picture and he was more than happy to smile.
Our weather has been insane!!! I think my last post was of my kids playing outside in snow. And now they are playing outside again, but this time complete opposite weather extremes. This weekend and the beginning of this week has been between 60-68 degrees. Our kids have loved it.
Sunday was Ashtons first day outside since he can walk around on his own.
While the kids played... Austin tried to study a bit. It is hard to focus when your kids are having a blast outside though.
Align CenterMonday, again we went to the park. Payton and I decided to be twins. Well atleast wearing hats!
It has got to be so frustrating being a little kid learning how to walk. I can't tell you how many times Ashton would fall at the park on Monday and then just pick himself back up and keep on chuggin'.
But, he had a goal in mind. And he was bound and determind to make it there.
He had the park in his sights. Everytime I brought him back to the picnic table he would take off immediately for the park.
Austin again was trying to stay caught up on the studying.
And still little Ash was going for the park. This time he made it all the way there.
Payton and Jaxon were having so much fun. They met a little friend at the park and played hard. This is my only picture of Payton. I couldn't even convince the "camera shy girl" to pose for a picture. She was too excited to be outside and she was everywhere.
Ashton's first experience on a slide and he just layed there. When he got to the bottom he just layed there. Hmmmmm!
Jaxon was so thrilled to be climbing on something where he wasn't told to get down. They had a great time.
It is a darn shame that the park closed at 5:00pm. We would have let the kids play a little longer.
Austin is ultra paranoid about this now. Making sure that we make it out of the park in plenty of time. This park that we go to is a Stake Park. They keep this park gated during the night. Well a couple weeks ago Austin got in the car and drove over to this park and parked so he could study in the car. (Sometimes our house is not the most condusive environment to study). As he was studying he looked up at the clock and it said 5:12pm, and our clock is set 5 minutes fast. When he was driving up to the gate he felt a flash of dread. He got to the gate and it was closed. He was locked in the State Park with NO cell phone reception and he was 7 miles from home. ha ha ha! Crack me up!! Well one of the workers was driving by with his wife and saw Austin and pulled over and unlocked the gate for him. So in the end, it turned out just fine. But caused some extremely high blood pressure for a bit.
Then not long after that, Austin was studying in a different location in the car again. Now this time it was pooring rain outside, and he had been in the car for about 3 hours. Time escaped him with the lights left ON.... yes ON. When he went to start the car up to come home... it never turned over. Once again... he was in a location with very little cell phone reception. Thankfully he got 1 bar and was able to contact his buddy Rod Sclater who came to his rescue! I don't think the car study thing is workign too well. Austins most recent attempts to study in the car have been right here in our carport. :)
We are so thankful for all of the experiences that we are having at this time in our life. I hope that we will be able to learn and grow and become better people because of them. We love this opportunity to be on our own right now, away from our comfort zone, away from our families. There is much to be appreciated about being on our own. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful little family to share this journey with.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

i love the ppicture of jax wearing shorts & his awsome spider man boots!! what a cute kid!

brodie stacey allie said...

Your kids are getting so big. I really hope we get to see you guys soon. It probably wont happen until xmas but I guess we will see.

Bjorn to Rok said...

I love all the pictures. I sure miss you guys. I'm going to have to get me a panini sandwich press. I love them! It reminds me of that resturant in Utah that we always go to that I can never remember the name of. Anyhoo, I sure love you all. :)