Monday, November 10, 2008

Ok. Saturday we experienced our first garage sale being married. Thank you to the Sclaters who let us bring all of our junk to their house so we could sell it and make it another mans treasure. We sure have some funny stories. So Saturday we spend the early part of the morning and early day at the Sclater's home. Austin and Rod took on the job of being our salesmen, while Jen, and myself watched all the little kiddos. It was alot of fun. Jen (like always) had a wonderful spread of food when we arrived; fruit, donuts, juice, and my favorite.... HOT CHOCOLATE. Whatta gal! After finishing up there at the garage sale, we all made our way over to a friends house to shoot. Here is the long story summed up short.... Over the last 6 weeks I have been receiving some disturbing phone calls from an individual. This situation has placed our family on the edge of our seats and as a result of everything that has happened I can no longer be left home alone with our kids. So, I will be making the treck into school with Austin when he needs to be at school, and any days that he can stay home he will. We will also be moving shortly because of the situation and our phone will be cut off. So... Saturday I was practicing how to use all of our guns. Specifically the shotgun. I wanted to be able to be comfortable and familiar with it. I was able to help my friend Jen out a little bit to, giving moral support and was able to teach her how to use our shotgun. Just being prepared!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want you to teach me how to shoot a gun! I know you're going to be safe. I love you!

Melany said...

Hey sexy lady! Ahhh the Guns! I miss playing with them, but here in AUssie your not allowed to have them stashed under the bed anymore lol

But I hope you are safe and make sure you keep in contact with me.
Love you babe! xoxo

Ashley said...

Ha...you're playing Christmas music! I used to love listening to it early, but by the time Christmas came I was so sick of it! So this year I'm trying to start a little later.

Anyway, that is so scary about someone calling! To the point of having to move too! I'm so sorry. I hope everything will work out for you guys. Love and miss you!

Heather said...

From one mommy gun permit holder and shooter to the next-- rock on chicky! So glad you are able to practice and become comfortable. A girls got to be able to protect her family and herself! Proud of you! Miss you!