Wednesday, April 22, 2009

So much has happened

WARNING!!!!! THIS IS A LONG POST!!! Ok where do I begin. Over the last few weeks I haven't blogged due to much stress in my life. :) JUST KIDDING!!! Actually I have been kind of busy. We have been painting our house, doing yard work and try to get our house presentable for when my parents came. Well the Thursday before Easter I took off in the car once again for Cleveland, Ohio. My little niece Jenny was baptized. So as I was driving my arm started to itch where I was previously scratched by a bush in our back yard. It continued to itch all day, but thought nothing of it. The next day the scratch started get inflamed and growing. I let it go another day and finally my brother in-law took a look at it. (he is a doctor) With everything that was presented to him he diagnosed me with something called Sporotrichosis, which is fungus that is eating my arm. Anyway... I thought I would hold off starting anything due to finances until I got home. I thought it would be ok. Well it got infected and started weeping, it was pretty gross. So my brother in law started me on the medication needed to cure this. (Which cost an arm and a leg.) After a couple of hours I started itching. Now this is all taking place on Easter Sunday. So we carry on our business with Easter festivities, and finally my sweet brother in law hooked me up to an IV full of antibiotics. The infection went down immediately.
Well, later that night I started itching quite a bit. Monday morning I woke up and this is what I looked like! From my neck, to my toes. NO JOKE!!! And NO that is not a picture of me. But that is exactly what I looked like. IT WAS AWFUL!!!! I was praying it didn't go to my face. I had a BIG conference coming that I was over and I was just praying it didn't go to my face. Luckily it didn't!!! I got to the doctor down here at DCOM (Austin's school) and they took me off of everything. I had an allergic reaction to the medication, I had a staff infection, and they wanted to start from square one. So the started me on an antibiotic and gave me a steroid shot. So for the last week my arm has been all wrapped up, and I am happy to say that the rash is almost gone, but my entire body is extremely itchy still. So.... I will keep you posted. My doc appointment is tomorrow. Easter was fun for the kiddies, but we missed Austin. He stayed home to study! He would be sacrafising the next weekend for me watching the kids during this conference. And he had a test this last monday that he needed to study for. But he was so awesome to help and support me during this special weekend.
I think Payton got enough candy for all of us to last a year. She had her bag pretty full! My kind of girl!
Ashton knew exactly what to do. It was pretty cute! This was his first easter egg hunt. He would pick the eggs up eat them and I would have him put them in the bag I was carrying for him.
We spent Easter at Ryan and Heather Smiths house. Their back yard was perfect for all the kids that we had.
Jaxon did really good, he was so excited. He kept saying "DA DA, I did it." Translation is MOM, I did it.
I saw the cutes thing write before we let the kids out for the Easter Egg hunt. I looked out the window and saw this bright yellow thing move out of the corner of my eye, it was a squirrel carrying a yellow Easter egg away. IT WAS CUTE!
Here are the Mom's hiding the eggs.
This is our Easter picture! These are the kids new clothes from the Easter Bunny AKA Grandma! It was fun being in Cleveland with Grandma and Grandpa and cousins. Especially because Grandpa wrestles with everyone.
This picture was taken write after our walk that we went on.
Jaxon wore this mask the entire walk. So him and Cameron faught like superheroes...
while the girls all posed for the picture.
What a scary Grandpa!!!
This was Payton and Grandma at Jenny's baptism.
Ashton and Grandma at Jenny's baptism.
Jaxon at Jenny's baptism.
Here is Jenny and her Daddy. On their special day, Jenny was baptized by her Daddy on April 11, 2009.
Jenny in her baptism dress.
For every Grandchild that is baptized my parents each do something very special. My dad makes jewellery boxes for the girls, and treasure boxes for the boys.
My Mom gives this picture to each child to show their ancestors who have all been baptized before them.
Monday morning I got packed up to head home. My parents (mother) insisted that they follow me home to make sure that I made it safely. I was hopped up on benadryl too. I have to say... that was miserable ride home. Thank goodness for my mom being in the car with me. They followed me to Lexington and I insisted that they left and went on their little two day get away before coming to my house. Well the next day we made our way into town to see the doctor, and low and behold my dad called and said they were 20 minutes away.
So finally, little Payton got to show Grandma and Grandpa Hunsaker how she can ride her bike like a big girl.
Austin and my Dad took off that afternoon and went to see the beautiful area, and you can't come and see us without seeing the biggest cow you have ever seen in your life. So finally, after two years of living here, my Dad got a picture of it with Austin (6 foot 4 inches) standing right next to it. Its HUGE!!! GOT MILK!
And of course..... you can not come and visit us without going up and having a "HOLLER" experience.
This is what we had been most excited about. These are some of our closest friends, close enough that our kids call them Aunt, and Uncles, Mamaws and Papaws. And finally my parents were able to see what draws us up there.
They had an absolute BLAST!! (Those are my moms words) There were so many pictures taht my Dad took in the Holler, I could only get a few and post. Thank you to our friends in the Holler for letting us invite ourselves over.
Well after months and months of planning, the weekend finally arrived! Barbara Barrington Jones flew in on Thursday night to the Knoxville Airport. I went and picked her up while my mom stayed with my kiddies at the Hotel. Friday night Barbara did a Youth Fireside, and Saturday she did an all day Women's Conference, and Saturday Night she did an Adult Fireside. The weekend was a wonderful success. I know that many lives were touched!! And finally after 7 years of me talking about her, Austin finally got to meet Barbara. I think he is a fan!!!!
While we women were at our conference, my Dad and Austin had the kids. My Dad took some pictures of the kids. Here are a few;
I was excited for my Dad to come so he could take family pictures. It all ended up not working out so well due to weather and time, but we ended up Sunday right before they left getting this one. Not to shabby for a hillbilly family from Rose Hill, Virginia.
And these are the members of Cumberland Gap ward who were at the Women's Conference. I love my ward so much and know that I would be lost without them. They are my family away from family. During this hectic week we had no time to celebrate Jaxon's 3rd Birthday. April 17th was his special day. But.... we will celebrate it this weekend. There has been so much that has happened that I can't be too detailed in what I write, but that was the highlights of our last couple weeks.

No comments: