Sunday, April 26, 2009

Jaxon's Birthday

April 17th Jaxon turned 3 years old. We were right in the middle of having Barbara here in Knoxville so we missed celebrating his big day. Saturday we had a birthday party/cookout at the local park. It was beautiful 87 degree day. Saturday morning we all got up pretty early. Austin had an OMM Board review class to attend all day starting at 7:50am. The kids and I went to Knoxville to participate in the National Day of Service. So after we dropped Austin off at school, we headed on down to Knoxville after picking up Trey and Millie Smith. The two Stakes in Knoxville together with the Red Cross, passed out emergency preparedness information to an entire zip code. While I wasn't much help with three kids, it was a great event to participate in and support. So after a long morning of being in the car and being drug around, the park was the perfect escape for the kiddies. They played so hard. Jaxon had a wonderful birthday and was spoiled by friends. My little boy is not going to need another Super Hero for the rest of his life. I stayed up until 3am Saturday morning making his cake. I wasn't going to have time Saturday to make it for him so needed to get it done. It was actually fun decorating the cake, I WAS A MESS THOUGH!!!! Covered in black frosting. I looked like a kid. Thank you to all of our friends who came to celebrate our little buddies birthday. We are sure blessed to have such wonderful friends who support us in our activities just like family would if they were here. Jaxon has changed so much over the last 6 months. He is turning into a little boy and creeping out of the baby stage. He has mellowed out a ton, and we are loving it. He is the sweetest little boy and has turned into quite the little cuddle bug. We sure love our little Jaxon, and I would be lost with out his little smile the brightens up his entire face. Happy Birthday Jaxon!!!

1 comment:

Melany said...

Hey Honey! I just LOVE where you live! Can I come visit lol You did an awesome job on that cake, how did you get the iceing/frosting so black? I can never find back iceing!

So when are you coming to visit me lol