Friday, April 24, 2009

MARRIAGE TIPS

This weekend as I have previously mentioned, we had Barbara Barrington Jones come to our Stake here in Knoxville, Tennesse and on Saturday night she did a Marriage Fireside. As part of her fireside she gave a list of the top five needs of men and women. Now these are a compilation of 5 different Doctors who put this together and they are all male. Just thought I would share the info if anyone is interested. I was interested to know what they were. Top 5 Needs for a Woman
  1. Security
  2. Listen Carefully
  3. Meaningful Conversation
  4. Honest and Openness
  5. Family Commitment and Financial Support
Top 5 Needs for a Man
  1. Companionship
  2. Sexual Fulfillment
  3. Attractive Spouse (doesn't mean skinny)
  4. To Be Admired
  5. Domestic Support (Family Support)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Im not sure about that second one...men don't want that. do they? haha. sorry I just made your blog pg-13. haha. so long family friendly. but in all seriousness. I learned a lot from sister Jones! Wish we had brought pen & paper with us.

Melany said...

Of course men want that haha Men are men lol

Hey Laura babe... Do you remember when Sister Jones and Kennith Cope came to Maitland ward and we had to sing for them in YW's and I stuffed up my solo HAAA and I cried afterwards! And Kennith and Barbara hugged me and said If they ever came back to AUS and found out I stopped singing I was going to be in trouble lol

I remember the Firesides they both did too at the Newcastle Stake Centre...I think I was 14, it was the Youth Fireside on Convention and I have NEVER forgotten them to this day! Kennith explained to us woman were special and that Heavenly Father could not live with out us cause there is one thing we can do they he cant .... and that was to bring special little spirits into this world! ahhh still gives me the warm fuzzies!