Wednesday, October 22, 2008

One of those Days!

Today was just one of those days! We couldn't get motivated to do much. Austin stayed home today from school, and we waited around all day for a very important phone call which never came. We were a little distracted, he couldn't study, I couldn't get my things done, and the kids... well, as you can tell... it was just one of those days!!! We played hide and seek, colored, read books, made fruit loop necklaces (and ate them), painted our fingers and toe nails, and made chocolate covered marshmallows and my house is a disaster. The marshmallows were inspiration from the pumpkin patch, we never bought the kids one, and they thought that was pretty rough, and needless to say after making them today... they didn't want one. Everyone in our house has the sniffles except for Austin. So maybe it was good to just kind of lay back and relax today. Today was a good day though, I got to talk to my Mom, my sweet Granny, both of my sisters and even my brother online. Yesterday I got to talk to my dad. I sure love my family. Immediate and extended! Hopefully tomorrow our phone call will come, and we can move on with life, and I can get my house clean! We have a weekend full of exciting things to do so we are looking forward to hanging out with friends and attending some festivities.
Tea Party and Dinner
Spaghetti face Payton
Spaghetti face Jaxon
Chocolate Covered Marshmallows!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

yummy yummy! We will see you finkleas on friday for the trunk-or-treat! It just dawned on me today that i DO NOT have costumes for the kids. AHHHHH!

Heather said...

Those look so good! See you tomorrow! Looking forward to it!

Kathryn said...

Did your phonecall come today?? You are such a creative mom!! Keeping those little ones busy seems to be a talent of yours my girl!

Bjorn to Rok said...

you are one good mom! You seem to always have fun even when your day isn't going how you wanted it to. And your treats look so tasty! I sure miss you guys.