Tuesday, October 7, 2008

FUN DAY!!!

Austin with all his fellow classmates are neck deep in an ACLS class which is Advanced Cardiac Life Support. Yesterday he came home early, and again today he came home early. That worked out quite nice for the kids because for the second day in a row we were able to go to the Wilderness Road State Park. However, today we actually packed our lunch and had a picnic at the park. The weather was great, and I think today was one of the last days for a week that it will be nice. Forecast says RAIN for the next week. Upon returning home, we made treats. HALLOWEEN TREATS. Maybe in hopes to have friends come over and enjoy them with us. Unless.... Payton eats them all. She is pretty excited about having one. Jaxon may not eat it, but he will love to just hold one. Jaxon has been full of changes lately, mostly in his speech. He is talking quite a bit now, but only a language that his Mom and Dad could really understand. His newest, and continuous phrase is : "Ma, Ma, come eeer." (Mom, Mom, come here.) or "Da, Da, come eeer." (Dad, Dad, come here). He loves for us to just be in the same room as him. He loves being able to communicate with us and have us follow him just because he can ask us to. He takes us into his room to show us toys, or takes us over to the tv to show us the movie he is watching. He absolutely loves picking shows. But.... he wants to change shows every 5 minutes. He likes a change of pace every 15-20 minutes. REALLY!!!! If he is inside, he will want to be outside, so I let him outside, and he will want back in shortly after. If he is playing a game, he will want to watch a show, if he is watching a show, he will want to play a game, if he is coloring he will want to eat, if he is eating he will want to color, if he is wrestling he will want a bath, if he is in the bath, he will want to wrestle. The list goes on and on. BUT... our constant success..... THE BLANKET. He loves his blanket! Doesn't matter when or where, there is no bad timing with the blanket. Earlier today before Austin got home I brought down the jar of gumballs. I handed the jar to Jaxon to get a gumball, not paying attention he grabbed a handful. I think he got 3! Well he has done that before, but today he CHOKED. Yes, literally he chocked! Scare me to death. My heart was still racing by the time Austin got home. I was at the sink washing my hands and heard some noise, but didn't pay attention to it, I heard it again, and I finally turned around and Jaxon's face was purple, he kept trying to cough it up but it wouldn't come. I did the Hind-Lick Manoeuvre on him and it didn't work. I usually keep cool about stuff, but I have to be honest I started getting a little freaked. I finally tipped him forward and stuck my fingers down his throat. I grabbed the gum, and pulled it out while he vomited all over the floor. He had chewed a huge piece of gum and it was stuck down his whole throat. He couldn't get it up because it was so long and big for his tiny little throat. After he got it up, I said " Good boy, Jaxon. You ok?" He turned to me shaking his head in satisfaction and said "I did it, I did it." (While clapping his hands.) Yes, he did do it, which I am very thankful he did. What a rush huh? Payton on the side said "UMMMMM, that is really disgusting Jaxy, you made some big messies." Ashton just tried crawling towards it to play in it. So Payton had to run over to Ashton and hold him down. CUTE KIDS!!! They sure make life fun! Oh yeah! I climbed a tree today! We walked around the track at the school across the street right before bed with the kids, and they wanted an apple from the apple tree. The only problem was they were picking all of the old ones from the ground. The only descent ones were higher in the tree. I think Austin was a little nervous, he kept holding his hands above his head, saying "Be careful," while Payton and Jaxon were saying "Ma, get dowe." (Mom, get down.) Payton told me that was very dangerous. But.... who doesn't have to by apples for the next week? THE FINKLEAS!!! Way to be conservative in our economic CRISIS!!!!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I have this funny visual of you climbing a tree to get the apples! Love it! Way to go mom! Adorable treats too!

Anonymous said...

did you seriously make those halloween suckers?