Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall Break

Austin has 2 days off for Fall Break, and guess what he is doing? Exactly, STUDYING! However, tonight we well be going over to the Sclaters for a fun little get together, and we have a super fun Halloween Party to look forward to on Friday, and then trick or treating. We had a pretty busy weekend, we had our friends the Scotts come over on Saturday, and we had fun catching up with them. I took off to go to a baptism soon after to play the piano.Eeeek, I haven't played the piano in about 6 years! Sunday we went to church, had meetings and then came home and attended a viewing and funeral for our friend Sara Jeppson's Mother. The Relief Society provided food for her family and great support. That was my first e xperience of a Southern Baptist funeral. Very different from anything I have ever been to. Good, just different! After the funeral I got to chat with Tamsyn and Jen in the freezing cold for about an hour. It was fun. I didn't even think about offering to have them come to my house but all the same it was fun to have some girl time with NO KIDS. We are enjoying all of our experiences here, and we look forward to more and more each day.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I think it is great that you can have the experience of growing close to your husband, kids, and friends. Living in Utah and by my family, I am kind of yearning to live outside of the area so I can bond more with others! I'll make a friend here and then they'll move. I hate it sometimes but other times I think it is a great experience to get to know so many people in a short amount of time. I guess there are advantages and disadvantages no matter where you live!

Jenni said...

haha. we are so weird! who hangs out outside a funeral home for an hour to have girl talk?! haha.I will say It was so fun having sometime with you girls without the boys.We should plan a girls night! Id like to think we dont need a funeral as an excuse:)