Wednesday, October 14, 2009

SNACK TIME and Honesty!

This is what Payton and I made today for her snack at school tomorrow. Last night shortly after I put Payton to bed she came out of her room sobbing. I asked her what was wrong and in a muddled sound I could barely make out a few words. "Sorry Mom, I will never do it again." I had to ask her to calm down, stop the crying and tell me what she did. Well the story finally came out. Yesterday when she was at school, she was at her reading station. She was turning the page of a book called "Cats for Sale" when the page ripped accidentally. She must have forgotten about it until bed time because she was stricken with guilt. I sat her down on her bed and told her I was proud of her for coming to tell me what she did, but that we needed to tell the teacher. I offered to tell the teacher for her (first time offense only) but encouraged her to do it so she will be able to see the consequences of always being honest. I told her that if she was honest with her teacher and told her the truth of what happened that she would be happy and very proud of Payton for telling her the truth. But if she didn't tell, than someone else might get into trouble and that would make for a big problem. She would end up getting into trouble for not being honest. So when I gave her the option she said " Mom, I will tell her." So when I dropped her off at school this morning, she got out of the car and turned around and said "Mom, I'll be honest by myself." She was blessed with the gift of guilt just like her Daddy!!! What a blessing that is to me as her Mom. She is such a good girl!
The pumpkins are called "Cake Pops" you can find the recipe on www.bakerella.com

3 comments:

Melany said...

Oh these are too cuter! Worth the wait for you to post lol Yes I still had that friend here but she is gone now, But Hopefully I will catch you tomorrow my love xox

Jenni said...

what a good girl. Those pops are tooo cute! If T's school didnt think Halloween was the devil Id copy:) After all, imitation is the best form of flattery...right? haha. your amazing Ms. Laura Jean.

Tamsyn said...

The treats came out so cute!!! Payton was probably so proud to have them given to her class. ANd what a great girl! missed you guys the other night!