Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I'm a BASKET CASE!

Anyone who knows little Jaxon will know that he has been inseparable from his blanket since he was 5 months old. He never took a binki, he never took a stuffed toy, the only thing that would ever calm Jaxon down and give him security was his blanket. And.....Austin and I made him throw it away!!!!!(Might I add though, it was pure "spur of the moment" by Austin.) Now... if it was a regular blanket.. it wouldn't have been that big of a deal, but he sucked on those dang tassels. Austin feared he would be sucking them at age eight. No Finklea will have their son made fun of for being less than MANLY! His blanket was always a conversation starter for bacteria infested objects. The only time his blanket was ok to hold was right after it came out of the dryer. I don't know what on earth possessed us to do it this weekend but we did. And guess who cried. NOT JAXON! It was me. I held it together until he went to bed, but I cried like it was my blanket. Now... I wasn't the only emotional one... Austin almost shed one tear. I couldn't figure out why I was getting so emotional about it, and after Austin and i discussed it we came to this conclusion. It is because Jaxon was only took to that one thing. That was his world. He never woke up or went to bed without it. He never left it anywhere! Now this last year he has had to make the step in leaving it in the car, and sometimes even at home, but as soon as we walk through that door, his blanket is right back in his mouth. We did replace it with a blanket that had NO tassels. And it made it all that much better because it is Bumble Bee from "Transformers." He has asked about it since, but hasn't cared much! He has done great with out it! I guess I am the one that needs to grow up. Austin tried to work the same trick with Ashton this weekend and the binki.... I WAS NOT HAVING THAT!!!! That one will have to wait until I AM READY!!!
MY SWEET LITTLE BOY!!!

5 comments:

Stew said...

That broke my heart! Poor little guy! First we steal Ethan from him and now you guys steal his best friend from him (the blanket). We tried to do the same thing with Ethan's frog doll a while back but we ended up feeling too guilty and gave it back. I'm sure we'll eventually do it again but I don't know that I have the heart right now...

Finkleas said...

So what are you saying Stew? I'm a heartless wench? THANKS!!!!

Stew said...

I would never call you a wench!! And heartless, well......

Just kidding. I completely understand. I don't want Ethan to be a little sissy either so it is just a matter of time for his frog too... And it may sounds terrible, but I kind of like it when Ethan cries sometimes because his sad faces are so cute.

brodie stacey allie said...

Thats the Jaxon we know!!!

Finkleas said...

Stew... yes... I have been known to be heartless!!
Driving past your house today Jaxon asked "Mom, where's EFAN?"

B&S
Remember Jaxon clear back when... holy cow... that was forever ago. You are probably thinking "It is about dang time you took that nasty blanket away."