Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tis the season for fun, fun, fun!!!

Ok. It has been awhile.... After Thanksgiving our family was plagued with sickness, and still is. But I had a busy week last week:) Reading!!! While up in Cleveland for Thanksgiving my Mom, sister and I went to "Twilight." Needless to say I fell asleep through the entire show. I had read the first book and thought it was great. I could never get into the 2nd book. So.... I dove in and loved it. Now I am almost done with the 3rd book, and ready to start the 4th probably tonight. Thats if I get time!!!! It is pretty hard and frustrating to read with 3 kids!!! Just a thought!!! Anyway, this last week I had an eye infection. It made my eye look pretty freaky. Due to the irritation in my eye I wore my glasses all week. Which my kids rarely see me in. Payton has recently learned how to play "Go Fish." When I sat down to play with her this week she was just staring at my eye and for the first time had recognized it didin't look right. She said "Mom, ummm...... what is that? (pointing to my eye) What is all that Jelloeeeee in your eye?" I lifted my eye up so she could see that my eye was all bright red. She stared for a minute and said "EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWW Gross Jello." What a weirdo!!!! Austin has been studying like a mad man. He is off of school in a few days and has 4 tests over the next 5 days. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! Stress city! Glad I am not the one in school. While the rest of us have been sick he has been like the Iron Man, (like always) and didn't get sick, as usual. Good thing though! Monday I woke up extremely sick throwing up all day!!! Austin had to go to school that morning but shortly returned home and insisted that I lay down and take a nap. He left and took ALL 3 KIDS for a drive. What a good husband, and dad. Even during a test week. Over the last week we have had a few fun things going on. We made a trip to the mall to see Santa Claus. Jaxon as you can tell below was pretty excited about it.
Payton was definately excited to tell Santa what she wanted for Christmas and that despite being 4 years old, she has really tried to be a good girl. :) Ashton just wanted to pull on Santa's beard. Where is Jaxon?
Oh, of course, 2 years in a row...... won't have anything to do with Santa close up. But all year long that is all he talks about is Santa Claus.
We finally made a Gingerbread house. The kids had a blast, while Ashton laid down for a nap we got Payton and Jaxon up on the table to decorate with Mom.
They were so dang excited. It was fun to watch them!!! This will definately become a tradition now that they are old enough to appreciate it.
This was the final result. Definately not what the one on the outside of the box looks like... but, it is still cute. The kids are so proud of it.
A few years ago my sister in law Mindi introduced Dan the Elf to us. Dan the Elf visits her girls on a regular basis during the Christmas season. Well Dan the Elf has recently been visiting Payton and Jaxon too, he watches them and makes sure they are being good little kiddies. Payton often checks out the window to see if she can see him. We came home a couple times last week and found little gift for Payton and Jaxno infront of our door. He is encouraging them to continue to be a good girl and boy. It helps keep these "quick to forget" kids to remember that Santa doesn't visit naughty kids. Dan returns and reports all things to Santa.
What a great surprise!
So now tonight.... I am looking forward for a girls night out. Just me!!!! Yay! Enrichment. Our Christmas party! Once again my sweet husband during a test week is taking all 3 kids so I can fulfill my calling. What a guy! Love you Austin!

3 comments:

Melany said...

Hey hot mumma! I been meaning to leave you a lil message! I'm not that creative lol I just get away with alot lol
Your so good with your kids! You are always doing stuff with them, its so cute to see! Makes me think I need to do more with mine! If only I had the energy!
Hey my e-mail is melanynauta@westnet.com.au send me you home address can ya! Love ya chick! xoxox

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this post? I think I have had Biology in my head too long to think about anything else. The gingerbread house is something I have been meaning to do with Ellie, but I haven't gotten around to it.

Ellie LOVES Dan the Elf...just don't tell Ellie that Dan is Payton's Elf, too because she thinks that Dan is only HER elf lol Isn't it a fun thing to do? I love Christmas.

Hope your eye is feeling better - you look cute in your glasses... I hate wearing mine too!

Tamsyn said...

You are so cute!! I love the gingerbread house and the Dan the Elf idea!!! Very fun! it was fun to see you tonight...hopefully we will have more time to play on Monday!!!!