Friday, December 12, 2008

Life is Good

Well after a year and a half of anticipation of moving somewhere for 3rd and 4th year.... it turns out... we are staying here for another year. Which we couldn't be more happy about! Austin will start his core rotations in June of 2009. The plan is to be here until December 2009. It is amazing the paths that we all take, the paths that we anticipate taking, and the paths that we could least expect taking. The Lord has his hands in all things, and I take great comfort in knowing that he knows what is best for my familiy. I am so thankful for the little reminders that he places in our path each and every day to help us know that He loves each and everyone one of us. He is watching out for us, and wants us to be happy. So happy we will be!!! No matter where it is, no matter how hard it may seem. Life is good! There is so much to be thankful for. We have learned so much this year and grown in ways that wouldn't have been possible given any other situation. We have met so many wonderful people while living here that have blessed our lives and touched us in ways they will never know. We have been so welcomed here and we are so excited to be able to stay a little bit longer. Everything happens for a reason! I love it!! I taught Relief Society this last week. The lesson applies so much for what is going on in our life right now. It was on Elder Wirthlin's talk given at Conference; "Come What may and love it." I felt like this talk applied to me personally for so many reasons, one being it felt very similar to the attitude my Dad had about life. Something that I am so thankful that he instilled in me. I know that by him engraining that in my head as a child had been a wonderful help to me in my life. No matter the situation, no matter the circumstances, make the best of what we have been given! My parents were wonderful examples to follow and I couldn't be more happy than to experience these things in my own life to allow us to learn and to grow. Payton's little friend Tre had a last minute birthday party today. Our family went to his home with the Sclater's and the Whitings to celebrate little Tre's birthday. It is always fun having birthday parties and being with friends. Thank you Sclaters for the invite. We love you!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I love taht talk to! that was the talk I shared with the sisters I visit teach last month. I iwsh I could have heard your lesson..but you know us primary counselors. haha. Thanks for coming tonight..I know its a busy time with exams and all..so we really appreciate it! I love how you are always looking to the sunny side! Im very excited the kids will have each other next year! (okay, and im happy Ill have you next year too! haha, now lets get tamsyn to stay. haha!)

Goates' Family said...

Hey, I like the blog. Your kids are cute and you all are always doing fun things. We are in FL right now and I love it. I just wish we could get our families to move to us. I really haven't missed the snow. But anyway, happy holidays and have fun in UT.

Sals said...

hey laura - ain't bloggin' great!!! glad to be able to see your little one's and hear about what is going on in your life! how are amy and melinda? do they have blogs? how's the rest of your family?