Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Ashton!!!

Today was Ashton's first birthday!!! We had a little birthday bash and invited a few friends to come over kind of a last minute get together. Attendants at the party were.... The Whitings, the Sclaters, and the Finkleas. We missed the Scotts due to their little boy being sick. But.... we do have a party bag for Ben. Ashton went to town on his cupcake and loved it so much he got a second one. I have to say with all three of my kids he has been the happiest on his 1st birthday. He loved it. We had hot panini sandwiches for dinner and cupcakes and icecream balls for dessert. The icecream balls are from my mother in-law's recipes, if I am not mistaken I believe it is an original recipe of her mother. There was even hot fudge sauce that goes over the top. They were very good. A big thanks to my mother in law who shares her great recipes. The kids played and played and then played some more. Dinner with them was kind of a hit and miss. But the adults were having too much fun. The moms in the kitchen, and the dad's at the x-box. Ashton had a blast. He got a new push bike, car, and truck with animals. He is in heaven. We are so blessed to have little Ashton in our family!!! What a special little boy he is to us. I can't believe it has already been a year. WOW!!! Here are some pictures of our special day with Ashton:
Happy Birthday Ash, we love you buddy!!!

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Thanks so much for tonight! We had a blast & feel so grateful taht you wanted us to share such a special occasion with you guys! It was all so yummy! and ill have you know I still havent eaten the cupcakes you made us take home...now lets see if I can make it through nighttime feedings without stealing a cupcake from tre or britt. what kind of mom steals cake from their kids?! (this one!)speaking of stealing..I stole some pictures from your blog. haha. hope thats okay:) love you guys!

Melany said...

Happy Bday Lil Ash! I hope he had a great day! A year old huh ! That means a year ago you were in labour lol haaa God memories huh!

Where's my cake? Man that looks good!

Melany said...

Make that GOOD memories lol

The Holler Hinckleys said...

I am so jealous!!! I sure wish we could have been there... that looks like sooo much fun!
Happy Birthday Ashton!!!

Bjorn to Rok said...

Looks like a great time. Happy Birthday Ashton. What a cute little guy. I sure love you all. Miss you too.