Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bringing in 2009 with STYLE!!!

Austin came home from school a few days ago with these 2009 glasses from a class mate of his. We all had a turn trying them on.
We are excited for the new year and ready for whatever adventures lie ahead of us. Maybe things will be just as eventful this last year.
Ashton is absent from the pictures because.... Up until today Ashton had been sleeping for 4 days straight waking up for maybe 20 minutes and then falling asleep on me again. He was running a temperature the first few days and was vomiting. Last night Austin and I started getting quite concerned with the chance that most of his symptoms were that of meningitis. Austin took him to the hospital last night and I stayed back at the house with Payton and Jaxon balling. Austin had talked to Dr. Thompson (a professor at school and also our Bishop) and he told Austin he needed to get him in right away. So we were pretty scared. Austin called 2 hours later with the report that it was strep throat,(which I also have) and he was started on antibiotics. This morning Ashton was doing so much better. We are so very thankful that it was just strep throat and not meningitis. We sure love our little kids and are so grateful for their sweet spirits that they bring to our home. They are the best thing that have happened to us. So this year.... we will go on watching them learn and grow, and even cause us to pull our hair out at times but appreciate every moment that we have with them. I don't think I could ask for a better way to start the New Year.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

AGAIN...L-O-V-E LOVE THAT HAIR! how is that you have the same length hair as me, but you make it look so much stinkin better! would you knock it off already! HAHAHA. Miss you guys! Hope ashton is feeling better!

Melany said...

Hey chicky babe! I also have to say I'm liking the new haircut! My hair decided to leave me once I started having kids lol No I'm not bald but i sure do feel like it at times!

I hope your family are feeing better now! I missed your posts over Christmas! I so need to update my blog! I'm so busy of late doing craft projects etc !! Trying to distract myself the new few weeks!

Love ya , Melly

Felecia Moeaki said...

Laura....so glad to hear he is doing o.k. I had no idea how scary it is to have a sick child, until I actually had one myself. Hope you're all doing well and 2009 is a great year for the Finklea's. Much Love to you all, Felecia

Heather said...

Love you haircute sweetie! So glad Ashton is ok. Isn't it the scariest when your kids are sick! Ben has been scary sick for a week. Roto virus....its a doozy! Lets get together when everyone is healthy.