Thursday, December 8, 2011

Overload

I knew before coming to Michigan that there were going to be a lot of trees, however, I don't think I ever considered the amount of raking that had to be done. Here are a few fun pictures of the kids running into the huge pile. Take note: this was one of probably 50 times that I raked.
I enjoy being outside doing yard work with the kids, so I had been the one mostly doing the leaves. It would take me hours, and hours. One Saturday we had so many leaves that I think our land lord must have driven by and seen that we may need some help and planned to come that afternoon. Austin was didn't want him thinking we were total slackers so he got out there early that day with the boys and started raking... only to break it. Our only tool for leaves! Lets just say he was quick to replace it with something else that didn't require so much energy. I want to say maybe he broke it on purpose just so he could get a blower. It is December 8th, and we still have leaves that haven't fallen. And yes... it is December 8th and has not snowed in MICHIGAN!!! CAN'T BELIEVE IT!
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I love how in PIcture 5 you can just barely see Payt's sweet little head! taht is one masive pile of leaves! looks like fun!