Monday, January 18, 2010

Single but not so lonely!

Austin is gone on his rotations, so we have been without him, but...not without other company! We spent most every day last week with our friends the Boyles, getting together at McDonalds, and letting the kids play. Since her husband is a first year medical student she often finds herself without him too, so...Fridiay night we found our way up to the Holler for some pure entertainment. We got learned on how to play some "Rook." Staying up until 12:30 playin Rook may not sounds so fun, but I come from a family of card playing fools, so I was in my element. We have made the Ausmus house our second living quarters, even equipped with beds for all. They are always so accommodating and hospitable. Saturday because of the warmer weather they kids were able to get out on the ATV's. Both Payton and Jaxon learned how to ride one all by themselves. Thanks to our friend Nathan and his enormous amounts of patients, I think our kids will be pros before too long. Ohh... and one more thing, I almost shot myself a critter. Thank goodness I didn't, I think Austin is determined to come back and shoot one before his wife. IT IS ON!!!!
This is a picture that I slipped in there with our other Hillbilly children. This has become the true nature of our kids. This was Christmas Day at the Whitings house, Ashton was found playing with Jeremy's present.

No comments: