Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy Birthday ASHTON RUSSELL!!!!

Two years ago today my baby (and final baby) was born. Now the experience... well was not so great. Maybe I will blog about it one day. It is definitely one for the books, but despite all that... our true blue critter huntin', moonshine drinkin', pot hole fishin' hillbilly made it thus far, and in the Finklea house... we deem this a SUCCESS!!!! Ashton has hit the terrible 2's that's for dang sure, but despite his tantrums, his antics, his house wrecking, his screaming, his crying and his suicide attempts (plus much, much more) he is what makes our family complete. He is the Caboose, if you will. He is well looked after and doesn't lack on hugs, kisses and all the attention. This morning he woke up quite the happy little camper which was quite unusual. Maybe he sensed that this was his special day. I don't know, but... he stayed pleasant for the entire day. (Besides his scheduled tantrums) He picked out his breakfast this morning, which by the pictures you can see was full of nutrition. Mac and Cheese!!!
While we waited for Payton to come home to celebrate, the boys spent most of the day jumping off of furniture (causing my blood pressure to rise by the minute) and switching roles of super hero duties. They ran up and down the hall all day. At one point I took a look at Ashton's arm as I as changing his diaper and noticed red marks all over it. I pulled his arm closer only to find 5 bite marks. Hmmmm it finally dawned on me when I was yelling out to him to stop crying Jaxon must have been biting him. HA HA HA I am so awesome. So...in shock and in horror. I asked Jaxon what happened....Now... because it took like 5 minutes for him to get it all out I will shorten what happened. He was Spiderman trying to turn Ashton into a Spiderman too. Well lets just say, he go into some trouble. This isn't the first time he has bitten this month. I caught him biting Paytons back last week. Anyways... onto Ashton...
So Payton came home from school and we took off for town. We picked up our friends Sarah, Kayson, and Cade and went to the movies. We saw "Alvin and the Chipmunks 2" The kids loved and and danced all the way through it. Afterwords we too the kids to McDonalds for dinner, icecream and a place to get their final wiggles of the day out. And that is where Jaxon set of the alarm!!
We got hom around 9pm tonight to finally partake of some cupcakes. Since his real birthday party won't be until next weekend, we went small scale today. And with Daddy being away, it felt like an element was missing.
I am so blessed to have my children. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for giving me this opportunity to be a mother. I love what I do and I find great success with my kids. I love being there for my kids, like my Mom was for me, and like my mother in law was for Austin. I wouldn't trade this for the world. These are my happiest days, the days I get to celebrate when my life changed, and when my most precious possessions were given to me. Happy Birthday little ASHTEWON RUSSELL DOOBER!(aka Payton's nick name for Ash) My day was topped of with a very touching and surprise visit. My doorbell rang today (which is really odd, because no one ever comes to my house) and when I opened it, there standing was Karren, Jess, and Joey Thompson with a bouquet of flowers for me. I was extremely touched and definitely had to fight back the tears! What a sweet gesture of thoughtfulness! Thank you for thinking of me!
Now... Payton has made claim on them. When she saw them after school she said "OHHHH WOW well those are beautiful. I think I should take them in my room."
AUSTIN... we love you!

2 comments:

Bjorn to Rok said...

Can't believe how big your kids are getting. They are adorable. I really miss you guys. I hope all is going well. Too bad I'm not closer so we can party while Austin is away. :) Love ya.

Tiff said...

Ha! I just now noticed the comments you have been leaving me all the while on my blog. Observant aren't I? Well you are too funny about keeping up on my blogging and to sweet to encourage me. You know David and I; we are the epitome of entertainment! I don't know the plans about the drive south, but when we figure it out we will let you know. Love ya! Tell the kids we all say hi!