Thursday, July 16, 2009

Reason #1 why you should keep the toilet lid down!!!

1. So your 18 month old doesn't sit in it like a bath. Yes, Ashton my sweet obedient little boy was found 2 mornings ago sitting in the pee filled toilet. Not only did he have used toilet paper all over him, but also was enjoying himself with the accessories of my MAKEUP. When I found him he had eye liner and mascara in hand with my hopes that nothing else had been dropped. But... to my dismay he turned around and flushed the toilet and I heard the clinking of what definitely sounded like my foundation. I yanked him out of the toilet and put him in the shower and soaped the nastified little boy down. After getting him all settled I looked through my makeup bag to find that I was not only missing foundation, but eye shadow and tweezers (really good ones). We left for the day and came home that afternoon to find that the toilet was clogged indefinitely. It was spilling over the edges. So...after some googling we (Amie and Laura) both decided that we are both such poor white trash that we could not afford a plumber and that we would need to become plumbers ourselves. So after a trip to Home Depot for a wax ring...we returned home to take the toilet off and extract the makeup with pliers ourselves. Attempt #1-FAIL Reasons: UNKNOWN to poor plumber trash. All we see is lots of water!! Well maybe we had some idea. Don't put the wax ring in the hole. Attempt #2-FAIL Reason: REALLY UNKNOWN to poor white confused plumber trash. WE STILL SEE THE WATER, AAAHHHH!!! At least we were gaining more knowledge on how NOT to install a wax ring. Make sure wax ring is actually on the hole. Attempt#3 FINALLY SUCCESS Reason: Pure Dumb Luck, and a thicker wax ring. AND NO WATER! Fingers crossed breaths held, we are still hoping it keeps working. PRAY FOR US!!!!!!! More importantinly pray for Travis. Here in pictures we share our exciting moments with you! ENJOY!!! Next time we call a licensed plumber!
P.S. If this ever happens to you, DO NOT TELL THE MAN OF THE HOUSE!! OHHHHH I almost forgot!! Reason #2 Why you should keep the toilet lid down! YOU DON'T EVER WANT TO SMELL OR SEE WHAT WE EXPERIENCED FROM DOWN BELOW!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Way to go girls for doin it yourselves. What a funny story. I'm so glad you are having fun with your sister. I sure miss you! Want to come to Chattanooga to visit?

Tamsyn said...

I think I'm gonna be sick....

Melany said...

Ohhhh now one of those pictures is just NASTY !! But I love it! What a crack up! I too many a times have had to reach down my toilet to get things back! Its just wrong I say! Us woman should invent some kinda of alert siren when a kid goes into a toilet!

Jenni said...

sooo hands on! Look at you two! you mean your throwing that makeup away & not using it?! waistful girl! hahaha. that is pretty nasty! But Im totaly impressed!

Read and Camille King said...

laura that is discusting!! i cant beleive you were brave enough to do that. good job, you totaly deserve woman of the year.

Stew said...

You guys are very brave! I don't even think I'd dive in like that! Kudos go to you ladies for sure! Now at least Chera will know who to call if our toilet dies on us....