Tuesday, May 5, 2009

FUNNY LITTLE PAYTON!!!

Today as I was getting out of the shower, I walked out into the hall and Payton said "Mom, come here." So I walked over to her and she waved me down to her level. "Mom, go look in my room." she said with a smile on her face just like this picture. So I marched down the hall extremely interested in what she wanted me to see. I gasped (for her sake) and turned back around and said, "OH MY GOSH... you are such a good girl." She said with all the confidence in the world and matter of fact attitude, "YUP, I did, I cleaned my room." I was still at the end of the hall when I turned to see her throw her arms open and her head back....waiting for me to run and give her a hug. So I ran to her and gave her a big hug and told her she was such a good girl. She looked up at me and said "Mom...the Holy Ghost is with me, because I am a good girl." Payton's cousins were just baptized over the last couple months, so baptism and the word HOLY GHOST have been going around quite a bit in our home. When she attended her cousin Jenny's baptism her Grandma Colleen gave a talk about the HOLY GHOST. I was out in the hall while she was giving this talk, but I sure heard about it from Payton. She later told me a story that sounded very familiar. I was trying to figure out for the life of me where she heard this story... I had never told her. And finally she got to the part about the HOLY GHOST and I figured she heard it from Grandma's talk. Payton proceeded to tell me the story that happened to my mom as a young mother. She had my oldest brother in sister in the bath (they are twins) and the water was running. The phone rang and she went to quickly answer it. She got distracted by the severity of the call. She heard a voice come to her and tell her to go and get her babies. She ignored this voice 2-3 times, on the last time she felt this distinct voice say "Go and get your babies they are drowning." When my mom entered the bathroom, the babies were floating face down in the water. After Payton explained this story to me in her own words I told her who those two babies were, "they were Uncle David and Aunt Melinda". She gasped ..."So they're dead in Heaven with Heavenly Father and Sister Jeppson's mommy." I explained what happened and she was extremely relieved. But what a funny little girl.

No comments: