Monday, September 29, 2008

SURPRISE WEEKEND IN UTAH

Well the big announcement finally came. Allyson and Bug sent out their wedding invitations. When we got this invitation, I posted on to our fridge. Payton came in the next day and saw this and this was our conversation: Payton: "Hey that is Allyson." Me: "Yes, that is Allyson." Payton: "Hey, who is that boy?" Me: "That is going to be Allyson's husband. That is who Allyson is going to marry in the temple." Payton: "I don't like that boy. That's not his Allyson, that is my Allyson, and that is Mommy's Allyson, and that is Bridger's Allyson, and that is Ginger's Allyson, and that is Austin's Allyson, and that is Aunt Laura's Allyson, and that is Uncle Vic's Allyson and that is Grandma's Allyson, and that is Grandpa's Allyson, and that is just my Allyson, not that boy's Allyson. I don't like that boy mommy." So what a welcome to the family. My sweet Aunt Laura contacted me a few weeks previous and asked if I would be able to come over for the wedding as a surprise. I was absolutely elated. Allyson is my little sister I never had. We are very close. I was trying to make prior arrangements to fly over but the flights were soooo expensive Austin and I just wouldn't be able to fit it into our budget. So when Laura called offering this opportunity to me I couldn't even sleep, I was so excited. This plan had been a secret for almost 3 weeks. No one knew. So this was going to be a surprise to not only Allyson, but to my parents and entire familiy. I was excited. My good husband Austin kept Payton and Jaxon for the 3 days I was gone, and Ashton and I flew to Utah on Thursday morning. EARLY!!! EARLY!!! Ashton was a joy. This was my first experience flying with him and he was wonderful, not one peep to and from. He slept on every flight. We made it into Utah around 1pm on Thursday afternoon. My sweet inlaws Bob and Virginia came to pick Ashton and me up at the airport. They took us to lunch and we had a nice visit with one another. It was great to see them, but was sad that it was only me that could enjoy them. I know Austin wishes he could have been there too. They took me to Aunt Laura's house where I waited to surprise Allyson. Atleast, Ashton got to see Grandma and Grandpa!!! Thank you to Grandma and Grandpa Finklea for spending time with us. We love you!!!! That night was full of fun, I surprised my family which I got a great reaction from, especially my mom. The weekend was very short, jam packed, busy, busy, rush, rush, and lots of fun. I enjoyed seeing everyone that I did, but mostly enjoyed the opportunity that I had to spend a bit of time with my little sis, Allyson. I sure love her and wish her the best with her new life with BUG. These are a few pictures taken outside of the temple. We were all waiting for pictures. These are my studly cousins, and my COOL dad standing in the back. Vic, Allyson, Bug, Laura Tiffiny, Dave, Paulette, Shannon Bryn Lee, Anastasia, Ereland. The weekend was great. Thank you so much Laura for giving me this opportunity to be a part of this. I love you!

No comments: