Tuesday, March 15, 2011

UPDATE!!!

I have been a complete slacker on updating this. Here is what is going on with us;
Austin is still gone.... but... returns back on Friday! And we couldn't be more excited! The kids haven't seen him for almost 2 months now, it will be quite the reunion. Austin is finishing up his second to last rotation in Virginia in ER and will be picking up his FINAL rotation EVER... with my OB/GYN for the month of April!!! Other than that... I am really not sure with him... I haven't talked to him much. Our schedules have been opposite with him working nights. We are just excited to have him home!
I am currently 35 weeks pregnant! Heading down towards the finish line and I couldn't be more antsy. However I have been extremely blessed to have an uncomplicated pregnancy and feel pretty good despite the fact that I am huge and ready to pop! I have been keeping busy with the kids obviously, but also been busy with little projects getting ready for our new little girl!
Payton is doing great in school, she has so many friends that I can't keep her home hardly before she is running out the door. The weather here in Utah has been beautiful, so she has been outside riding her scooter with the neighbors. Two weeks ago at school it was a pretty fun week. On Monday she had her first project due. She had to choose any animal and write a report on it and answer specific questions such as: Where does your animal live? What does it eat? What is an interesting fact about your animal? etc.
I AM SO PROUD TO SAY.... She chose a Kangaroo.... yes I planted the seed there but she decided that is what she would like to do. So we worked on it together, she typed it all up on the computer, and I helped her a little with putting it all together. She turned it in on the Monday. Then on Friday they had a Parade/ Animal Zoo. All of the kids had to make their posters so they could wear them around their neck, and then they were to dress up like their animal. Thank goodness we were living with Grandma... she had all of the Aussie goods! My mom slaved away that morning making Payton the cutest costume, with a huge Kangaroo tail made out of old mink coats and ears that went on top of the infamous Aussie Cork hat. She looked so cute! Also on Friday it was silly hat day (due to Dr. Seuss' Birthday) and crazy socks. Payton went sporting my Tennessee socks!!!:)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Jaxon... I am so proud of him. He is doing so good in his speech therapy. After a few months of trying to figure out exactly what his problem is, they finally came to the conclusion that (besides catch up from not being able to hear ) he has a forward tongue thrust. His muscle control on his tongue needs to be curved and strengthened. So with knowing that we are making some good progress. Also... some big news for the little guy, he started Pre School. There was a spot that opened up in a neighborhood preschool and Jaxon was on the waiting list, so we got in for at least a few months. He ABSOLUTELY LOVES IT!!!! I was concerned that maybe going to kindergarden next year was going to be awful for him, but this proves that I was completely wrong. He doesn't care a bit to leave. He is doing so good. He is doing really well with learning his letters, and playing catch up to where he should be.
Also some more big news about him... He learned to ride a bike without training wheels. But the kicker.... no one taught him. My cousin was babysitting my kids one day, and when I pulled up to get them... I was completely SHOCKED to see my little guy riding down the sidewalk on a two wheel bike. When I called to tell Austin, he expressed he was a little sad that he missed it.... I had to reply "Well Honey... don't worry I missed it too!"
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ashton...WOW!!! What a turkey! He is full of personality and I am excited for his Dad to come home and be in on some of that action!!! Ashton turned 3 in January, (post pictures later).He is a little trouble maker at times, and then others... so sweet! But he is very unpredictable. The pictures above are on Jaxon's first day of Pre School. Heaven forbid that Jaxon get a new back pack and Ashton doesn't... Ashton thought he was going to school too.
Ashton is doing good with talking too, we can understand him much better, and he is also learning his letters along side Jaxon.
Ashton is MR. BOSSY PANTS... he likes to tell everyone what to do, and even at times threatens them with a spank! (Wonder where he gets that?) He has completely taken over Payton's DSI and his world falls apart when someone else touches it.
The Golf cart has thankfully been pulled out of winter lock down so Ashton is one happy little boy.... until it is time to come inside!!!
All I can say... BOY IS AUSTIN GOING TO HAVE FUN WHEN HE GETS HERE!!!!

5 comments:

Jenni said...

so ahppy to see an update! Jax is so big!!! We are looking at the whole speech therapy route with who still doesnt talk, & what little he does is hummed & low--Madsindicating some hearing issues. Tre is getting excited to see Payton in a few months. again, sorry I missed the shower, but saw some pictures. you look GORGEOUS--but that is not new:) again, so glad to see pictures & an update! hope you are feeling good!!

Kathryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathryn said...

And where are the belly pics with this update huh?!
I am excited for you to get Austin home. I bet he is excited too. Have fun guys for the last month or so of your pregnancy! So excited to see her little face and to hear what little miss will be named!! Good things coming Laura!
P.S. LOVED that Payton did a Kangaroo. Mum brought a kangaroo skin with her for Cory when she came so if Cade has to do something similar, we'll put that on him! hehehe!

Tamsyn said...

Oh my gosh!! How I miss you guys!! I can't believe how grown up Jaxon looks!!! Crazy, crazy!!! I am so excited to see you guys in a few months!! Have so much fun with your hubby back!! Have fun having your new baby!! So exciting!! love you guys!!

Felecia Moeaki said...

Your kids are beautiful Laura...not that i'm surprised by that. I hope everything is going well with this pregnancy.